Pilates is an unregulated field, which means that anyone can say that they teach Pilates. When Christina Maria Gadar was certified in 2000 by Joseph Pilates’ protégé Romana Kryzanowska, only graduates of Romana’s program could legally say that they taught Pilates, all other teachers had to label their work as “pilates-based.” This distinction no longer exists, so it is extremely important to know your instructor’s credentials not only to gain the benefit that true Pilates can provide, but also to avoid serious injury.
Wear comfortable workout clothing. Form fitting clothing is recommended, but not required. The use of clean cotton socks is required during the workout as part of the Florida Health Code. Please avoid the use of body lotion, belts, clothing with zippers and excessive jewelry.
PEAK SEASON (October-May): Monday through Friday, 7am-2:30pm (6am available for professional athletes during Spring Training).
SUMMER SEASON (June-September): Tuesday through Friday, 7am-2:30pm
- INITIAL ASSESSMENT: $100 (includes a copy of Pilates: An Interactive Workbook)
- ONE LESSON PER MONTH: $85
- TWO LESSONS PER MONTH: $160
- THREE LESSONS PER MONTH: $225
- FOUR LESSONS PER MONTH: $280
- FOUR PLUS LESSONS PER MONTH: $280 plus $70 each additional lesson.
- SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS: $55 per student. For safety reasons, students must have undergone previous private instruction and have instructor approval to participate. Instructor approval is based on the students’ familiarity with the Pilates equipment and their individual workout routines, and the availability of a partner.
- Credit cards are not accepted. Please make checks payable to: GADAR PILATES. Payments are non-refundable.
- Lessons last approximately 50 minutes. Time and/or cost adjustments will not be available to those who arrive late for a scheduled lesson.
- As part of my contract as a registered Health Studio, payments will be made on a monthly basis. Monthly payments will be due upon completion of the last paid lesson of the previous month. Please come to your last lesson of the month prepared with your schedule for the following month and a check. Lessons cannot be scheduled without payment on the due date.
- Regularly scheduled time-slots are given (based on availability) to students who attend lessons weekly. Only one regularly scheduled time-slot will be allotted per student. Additional lessons per week can be added based on availability, but Gadar Inc. can only offer one regularly scheduled time-slot per student. An absence of 4 weeks or more may result in the loss of a regularly scheduled time-slot.
- All lessons cancelled without adequate 24 hours notice will be charged the full amount. Cancellations are accepted via voicemail only. If one of the participants of a semi private lesson cancels less than 24 hours ahead they will be charged the full amount and the other participant will have a private lesson at no additional cost.
- Lessons cancelled with more than 24 hours notice can be made up. Make-up lessons are subject to availability. Make-up lessons may be scheduled during the regular 7am-2:30pm work week. Make-up lessons must be scheduled within 60 days of the cancelled lesson. Make-up lessons cannot be used as credits towards the next month of lessons (in other words, make-ups must be scheduled on a different day than your regularly scheduled time slot).
- Gadar Inc. reserves the right to stop working with a client who is noncompliant, and/or continuously canceling lessons, and/or arriving late, and/or a no show for scheduled lessons.
- Gadar Inc. shall not be responsible or liable for any article lost, stolen or damaged, in or about the studio.